About the Job
Senior General Ledger Accountant
Azar Nut Company, a division of Mount Franklin Foods is a leading North American manufacturer of high quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas. We are searching for a Senior General Ledger Accountant to join our corporate offices.
This position is responsible for month, quarter, and year end closings, monitoring spending for adherence to budget and making recommendation on variances, preparing financial statement reports and monthly balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis, preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and monthly expense variance analysis, managing integrations, consolidations, eliminations, intercompany transactions, and reconciliations, ensuring accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP performing intercompany transactions, reconciliations and consolidations, analyzing the annual plan,preparingP&L fluctuation analysis, managing AP, developing, implementing and maintaining systems, procedures, and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines, managing US General Ledger Accounting.
The ideal candidate for this position must possess the following skills and qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.MBA and CPA a plus.
- Strong technical accounting background.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of US GAAP experience.
- Strong excel and database skills (Pivot tables, macros, Vlookups, etc).
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Team player, proactive and self-directed individual.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- English/Spanish a plus.
- Financial ERP application experience, BAAN IV a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to:
Human Resource Department
Azar Nut Company
1800 Northwestern Drive El Paso Texas 79912
Or by Email to
• Post ID: 15161298 westtexas